In today’s session, we’ll continue with our team build. So far though, we haven’t yet got a team name!
Whole team : Think of a Team Name, and design some bunting flags
Pairs : Continue to build your playground activity. If you can, try and see where you can use the LEGO WeDo to make your model more exciting!
Whole Team : Work on Team model.
Bring the models together, and add to the shared baseplates.
- The team model has to incorporate the Explore Model (The Heart flag)
- Use the rest of the LEGO in the Explore Set to build a LEGO® Model, using all of the knowledge the team have learnt through researching the theme.
- Program at least one element of the model to move using the WeDo 2.0 equipment.
Whole team : Discuss the Core Values
Judges will be looking for where we have used the FIRST Core values. These are :
See if you can answer these questions as a team
- What new skills and ideas have you learned?
- What problems have you solved? How did you solve them?
- How could you use what you have learned to make the world a better place?
- How do you show respect for everyone on your team?
- How do you work together as a team?
- What do you enjoy most about being on your team?
Remember to take lots of photos for our poster, which we’ll be putting together next week!
Share and clean up : Show and explain poster and playground
The team has spent 6 weeks researching this challenge and now we have built a really exciting playground for May and Marco.
Whole Team : Discuss the original challenge. Here’s a link to it. This week we need to make a poster ready to show the judges on the 3rd July. We can include some photos and some explanation about what we learned. The poster can be as big as you like and needs to be completed by the whole team together.
Remember, we need to present :
- The team poster
- The team model
- Core values
Whole team : Practice presenting our poster and model. Parents will be on hand to watch and feed back! We’ll be great!
Share and clean up : Leave all builds in place, ready to present on Saturday